F Oasia so chic - jeepneyjinggoy

Oasia so chic



THIS was unexpected. From the Village Hotels of the Far East Hospitality in the Arab Quarter and Little India, it was time to stay in another hotel. I would have thought the next would be another quaint and restored edifice, but no. This hotel in Novena was created as the company's newest hotel brand and its flagship property- the Oasia.



Oasia's "linear" exterior


Developed around the three key values if thoughtfulness, respect and care to reflect the best of Asian hospitality, Oasia translates these into its design, service and guest experience.

"For busy travelers, we wanted to create a feeling of warmth and cosiness. Guests will be truly looked after, feel rejuvenated and relaxed,” said Raphael Saw, COO of the Hospitality Business Group at Far East Organization.

Oasia is chic and unique. Clearly, the Japanese aesthetic is distinctive throughout the smoke-free hotel's minimalist design and use of everything organic, from the stone boulders to wood, and the space planning is clean, open and unobtrusive. The look of the lobby alone- high ceiling, large wooden seating area, stone walls, will leave you breathless.


Stone, wood & metal. Zen chic.


Mind the proportion. 


Vocalizing my observation, it was affirmed by Douglas, the hotel's front office manager, "The hotel is designed by award-winning Japanese Designer, Takashi Sugimoto from Super Potato, in elaboration with a Singapore architectural firm, Ong & Ong. Both firms are known for their cutting-edge designs of natural elements."

My check-in would be on the 22nd floor, the hotel's "Living Room" aka the exclusive club lounge where guests can enjoy breakfast and cocktails, or simply unwind and take a dip in the highest hotel pools in Singapore amidst the greenery and panoramic skyline views of the Lion City. 


This Oasia's Living Room @ the Club Floor, 22nd level......


............... where I have my breakfast every morning.

If that's not enticing enough, perhaps soaking in the other pool- the spa pool, or pumping iron at the 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center on the eighth floor will relax you, whatever your idea for relaxation is. So how is it possible to leave the chic comforts of this hotel once you step in?





Techie fitness.


To complement the hotel facilities, the rooms will have to be as stylish and well-appointed. It delivered.

All rooms well-planned with all room space highly and wisely utilized. Fashioned by Super Potato, the four Club Suites and 100 Club rooms of Oasia are designed to provide new levels of comfort and luxury. Each of the rooms provide a very residential vibe making it easy to nestle in comfortably in no time. To make you feel like it's truly your "Own room", there is a pre-check-in service provided so you can go straight to your room upon arrival with your pre-loaded I-pods playing your favorite tune and Nespresso machine brewing your preferred coffee flavor. How about a room scent (perhaps) no different from your own nest back home?




Your choice of brew awaits.

The 312 Deluxe Rooms and Superior rooms designed by Ong & Ong are as exciting. Each room boasts spacious bathrooms with rain shower and all the exquisite appointments you would expect from a room this stylish, an 40" LED interactive IP television is just one.




The room I was given was on the 25th floor. Oh, it was just at the top floor of the hotel. Technically it's a penthouse or a "pent-room" since there were several other rooms on the floor. I can live with that. With a magnificent view of the mountainside and city from my picture window, I can truly say I was on top of the world.


Last floor aka my so-called "penthouse"

View from the "top of the world"

And the "extra" views....


Though I wish I can stay in the comforts of "my room" (now I know how my future nest in my own house will look like) for the rest of my stay in Singapore, I cannot for duty calls. Second order of the day was to sample the food in Zaffron, the Oasia's stylish restaurant inspired by saffron, the finest spice in the world commonly applauded for its superb aroma and taste, and conceived to appeal to the diners' five senses. Oh, the things I do for work….


Loving Zaffron's wood & metal treatments on its walls.

With Ken O. before the calorie counting began.

From Zaffron's spread, a feast for the 5 senses indeed.


Touring the hotel's neighborhood on foot came next. Aside from the medical centers across and the Novena Church, Oasia's community holds a multitude of shopping go-to's within easy reach - the Novena Square and Square2 are right next door. Apart from retail therapy, you can also enjoy a wide variety of dining choices, from upscale restaurants to food courts. Should you wish to venture a little further to shop, tour or dine, everything else is conveniently reachable via the MRT next door.


In the neighborhood.....

Another facet of the Lion City discovered and explored. The most recent visit to Singapore was truly inspiring, thanks to Far East Hospitality and Tiger Airways. With more areas to dissect, I am pretty sure I will find myself in Singapore soon… and I wouldn't mind staying in this chic hotel again. I swear, I found my personal oasis in Oasia.

Oasia Hotel Singapore is at 8 Siniran Drive Singapore 307470. For more information and reservation, call (65) 6664 0333 or visit their website at www.oasiahotel.com

Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on February 09, 2012.





CONVERSATION